The Shelter Enhancement Program – New provides sponsors (developers) with financial assistance to increase the number of emergency shelters and second-stage housing for victims of family violence. The Shelter Enhancement Program – New is jointly funded by Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation and Saskatchewan Housing Corporation.
Eligible sponsors may receive up to 100% of the project capital costs.
Financial assistance is not available for ongoing operating costs.
Sponsors are eligible if they:
- are a non-profit corporation, First Nation group, or charity whose objective is to operate housing for victims of family violence;
- submit proof of a confirmed need or demand for their proposal; and
- submit a viable capital plan and an operation sustainability plan that identifies all sources of long-term project and program funding.
A project is eligible if it:
- is off-reserve;
- creates additional shelter units or second-stage housing for victims of family violence; and
- provides interim (not permanent) accommodation.
How to Apply –
- Download the Shelter Enhancement Application Form
- Complete the application form
- Mail the completed application and associated information to:
Saskatchewan Housing Corporation
11th Floor, 1920 Broad Street
Regina, SK S4P 3V6