The Encouraging Community Housing Options (ECHO) – Action Component helps municipalities and regional partnerships to take action on strategies identified in a Housing Plan or to address a housing need identified through an assessment. It provides municipalities and regional partnerships with a provincial grant of up to $10,000 to match municipal expenditures.
- Municipalities or regional partnerships with populations over 2,500.
- Municipalities must have an Official Community Plan (OCP), or be in the process of developing an OCP. In the case of a regional partnership, the lead municipality must have an OCP or be in the process of developing an OCP.
- Municipalities must prove the implementation of the strategy will address a housing need identified within a Housing Plan or another type of assessment.
- The municipality or regional partnership must contribute an amount at least equal to the funding request.
- Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Funds must be used within six months of signing the agreement.
- This program applies to off-reserve housing.