The Emergency Repair Program offers financial assistance to help low-income homeowners complete emergency repairs to make their homes safe. Eligible homeowners may receive up to $6,000. The Emergency Repair Program is jointly funded by Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation and Saskatchewan Housing Corporation.
Homeowners are eligible if they:
- own the property to be repaired and occupy it as their primary residence;
- require an urgent repair to their property (e.g. replacing a furnace during the winter months); and
- have an annual household income and household assets at or below the limits established by Saskatchewan Housing Corporation.
- Repairs completed before receiving written approval from Saskatchewan Housing Corporation do not qualify for assistance.
- The homeowner is responsible for all costs greater than the approved amount.
- Eligibility may be affected if the title to the property has liens or judgments.
- Once approval is granted, work must be completed within three months.
How to Apply:
Gather the documents needed to accompany your application:
- property tax notice;
- insurance policy;
- lease agreement;
- asset declaration form; and
- proof of household income.
- Download the Emergency Repair Program Application Form
- Complete the application form
- Mail the application form and required documents to:
Saskatchewan Housing Corporation
11th Floor, 1920 Broad Street
REGINA SK S4P 3V6