Cress Housing Corporation is dedicated to providing affordable and adequate housing for First Nations persons living in the City of Saskatoon. We nurture and support any and all other potential housing solutions geared towards addressing the critical housing shortage facing the urban First Nations community.
Specific Services Available
- Rent geared to income housing provision for all sectors of the Urban First Nation community.
- Supported housing for senior citizens
- Capacity support for other housing providers
- Affordable market housing
- Individual home ownership mentorship and support
- Lobbyists to advance the profile of First Nations housing needs in Saskatoon
Program criteria including age group served
- Provide supported housing for all sectors ranging from singles to large family units
- Primary tenant must be at least 18 years of age
- Where possible, priority is given to family units with dependents under 18 years (with exception of senior citizen housing portfolio)
Cress Housing Corporation is part of the Saskatoon Tribal Council (STC). STC was created in 1982 to assist the individual and collective governments of the First Nations in the Saskatoon area. Today, the STC membership consists of seven First Nations. All are located within 250 kilometers of Saskatoon, and represent Cree, Saulteaux and Dakota cultures. Their total population is in excess of 10,000 members, with some communities having up to 70% living off reserve, many in the city of Saskatoon.Contact Information Cress Housing Corporation
Saskatoon Tribal Council Inc.
Suite #200 – 335 Packham Avenue
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 4S1
Phone: (306 ) 244 7747
Fax: (306) 244 2444 Website