SHIP has funding that can help move your project forward.
This grant offers recipients of CMHC’s seed funding access to up to $5,000 to cover eligible pre-development costs, such as, site analysis, surveys, and plans. The value of the grant will be based on demonstrated need. Grants must be repaid if the applicant breaches the terms and conditions. Expenses may have been incurred up to 6 months prior to application, and must be incurred within one year of signing of the grant agreement.
Eligible pre-development activities include:
- Exploration of funding sources
- Environmental Site Analysis
- Preliminary design of the housing
- Evaluation of procurement options
- Preliminary financial feasibility analysis
- Incorporation of a not-for-profit organization
- Land use re-designation
- Changes to statutory plans (e.g. Area Redevelopment Plan)
- Subdivision (e.g. surveyor’s or lawyer’s fees)
- Preliminary engineering feasibility
- Geotechnical reports
- Land servicing
Applications are accepted on an on-going basis. Once the application is received, it will be reviewed and a staff member will contact you within three weeks to inform you of your approval status. Pre-approved applicants must then sign a grant agreement with SHIP and submit receipts for eligible activities before funds are disbursed.
Contact us for an application.